There is a petition to sign about this but only has 12,000 signatures at the moment, odd that a certain organisations do not seem to be supporting this?
Below are some infographics from the British Beer & Pub Association
• 950,000 British jobs depend on the UK beer and pub sector – 34,000 fewer than last year
• There are now 900 breweries in the UK – a vital part of Britain’s manufacturing mix
• £13 billion is paid in wages in the sector
• Brewing and pubs are worth £19.4 billion to the UK economy (Gross Value Added)
• The beer and pub sector contributes over £11 billion in tax revenues
- 52,000 public houses in the UK
- 2% of GDP is contributed by pubs
- Almost 600,000 people are employed in full and part-time jobs
- Over 80% of pubs (i.e. around 40,000 outlets) are small businesses which are independently managed or run by self-employed licensees.
- Beer represents 68% of all alcoholic drinks sold in pubs
- pub food market is currently estimated to be worth in the region of £6 billion per annum